Write Your TV Series
In this new 4 Week TV Writing Class with Studio founder, Jacob Krueger, you’ll develop an organic approach to developing your pilot, engine, and series bible. Whether you’re working on a TV Drama, TV Comedy, TV Dramedy, Miniseries or Web Series, you’ll learn the crucial elements that make a series successful.
Learn how to develop a TV Show
Learn how to develop a great idea into one that will sustain multiple seasons. Understand the structure and engine of successful shows like Arrested Development, Breaking Bad, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Bojack Horseman, Modern Family, The Wire, Succession and many more. And discover the secrets to creating engaging, complex characters that audiences want to binge.
Understand the links between character, structure and series engine
Creating the structure of a successful TV pilot is not just about telling a great story. It’s about building a blueprint that can be replicated, episode after episode, through the power of the Series Engine. Rather than repeating the tired old formulas, you’ll learn how to build a unique structure and engine for your show by connecting to your characters and your own creative instincts.
Build a Successful TV Series Bible
Almost as important as your series pilot is the Series Bible that accompanies it. The Bible is a distillation of everything that makes your show work– the secret sauce that will allow your series to capture the passion of an audience and run season after season. You’ll learn the elements of a successful Bible and how to create one for your series.
Includes 1:1 Consultation
The class culminates in a 1:1 consultation with a professional writer, with whom you’ll discuss your work, and create a game plan for your future as a writer.
- Jake is a natural teacher, he is incredibly knowledgeable and delivers the information in a way that is memorable!--Yohana D
- I love Jake! He helped me to focus on the art instead of the paradigms that surround writing. The tools he gave me were easy to apply to my craft.--Junn H
- Jake is engaging, interactive and has an enthusiastic delivery. He’s very passionate about what he does!--Linda S
- Jake’s lectures are insightful and profound. I literally learned something every second of class and that helped me to clarify my understanding of story. It helped me to consolidate everything I have read and clarify what I knew and more importantly what I didn’t know about screenwriting!--Tanvi D.
- Jake is very inspirational and thought provoking. He will help you get your ideas structured and his advice will help your writing in ways you can’t even begin to imagine!--Sam B
- This class helped me to understand the character’s journey and how best to bring that out.--Andrea