- Jake is a natural teacher, he is incredibly knowledgeable and delivers the information in a way that is memorable!--Yohana D
- I love Jake! He helped me to focus on the art instead of the paradigms that surround writing. The tools he gave me were easy to apply to my craft.--Junn H
- Jake is engaging, interactive and has an enthusiastic delivery. He’s very passionate about what he does!--Linda S
- Jake’s lectures are insightful and profound. I literally learned something every second of class and that helped me to clarify my understanding of story. It helped me to consolidate everything I have read and clarify what I knew and more importantly what I didn’t know about screenwriting!--Tanvi D.
- Jake is very inspirational and thought provoking. He will help you get your ideas structured and his advice will help your writing in ways you can’t even begin to imagine!--Sam B
- This class helped me to understand the character’s journey and how best to bring that out.--Andrea
THINK LIKE A WRITER
It all starts here. In 2005, I taught the first version of this screenwriting class in my living room. It has since become the foundation of everything we teach at Jacob Krueger Studio.
To me, it’s more than just a screenwriting class. It’s a place where writers of all levels of experience can come together to build a community, and where you can develop not only a mastery of the craft, but also an authentic voice as an artist.
So, whether you are a new writer or a seasoned professional, come with your biggest dreams and an open mind, and allow me and my faculty to show you a new way of thinking about screenwriting that breaks out of the tired old formulas and pushes past your own inner censors.
You may find that you don’t just change your writing but also change your life.
— Jacob Krueger
Forever Change The Way You View Screenwriting.
Rather than imposing formulaic models from the outside, you’ll learn to organically “grow” your script, from initial idea, to character, to scene, to act, to the movie you’ve always dreamed of writing.
Jump Start Your Writing.
Whether you’re a young writer picking up the pen for the first time, or an old pro looking to inject new life into your writing, this exciting four week workshop will teach you a whole new way of looking at the fundamentals, and help you integrate your artistic goals into your real world life.
A Special Emphasis On In-Class Writing.
Experience our mind opening in-class writing exercises, designed to get you writing and keep you writing. Under our careful guidance, you will learn how to get your creativity flowing at will, to create the kinds of scenes that you’ve always wanted to write.
A Community That Fuels Your Creative Fire.
Our groundbreaking approach to feedback fosters a close-knit community of fellow writers, whose only goal is to support you in yours. Together, you’ll discover a new form of feedback that keeps the focus on what really matters: your story and how you want to tell it.
Build A Writing Lifestyle.
This workshop will teach you more than just great writing. It will prepare you to make writing a permanent part of your life. Along the way, you’ll learn how to overcome writer’s block, self doubt, procrastination, and other obstacles to build the writing life you have always wanted for yourself.