A Film School Education
That Fits With Your Real World Life
Jacob Krueger Studio’s unique ProTrack Mentorship Program pairs you One-on-One with a Professional Writer, who will read every page you write, and mentor you through each phase of the writing process, from facing the blank page, to building your professional career.
Our mentors include top Professors from the nation’s best film schools, including Columbia University and NYU, acclaimed Showrunners, Pulitzer Prize Nominees, and Award Winning Writers with years of industry experience.
And our unique format allows you to meet with them One-on-One from anywhere in the world, every week or every other week, at a fraction of the cost of Graduate School, and on a schedule that keeps you to your deadlines and fits within your real-world life.
- After finishing my first feature-length screenplay over the course of the summer, I found Steven online and hired him for my very first consultation. Steven not only offered meticulous and thoughtful constructive feedback, but also brought with him some great ideas and sharp instincts. And though my first screenplay was flawed, Steven recognized that I had a strong, comedic voice and encouraged me to bring my weird and idiosyncratic style to the page.-Missak A.
- Steve has been invaluable to me. The more sessions I have with him, the more I can feel my writing improve. He’s got a knack for pulling things out of me and giving me the confidence to find my voice while, at the same time, moving forward with my project. It’s hard to explain, but I wouldn’t be where I am with my script without him.--Pepi K.
- Steve has been amazing; he has great wisdom and insight. I started ProTrack with him two months ago. The narrative of the feature I’m working on is now falling into place and I am absolutely thrilled. I look forward to finishing the first draft very soon.--Geraldine S.
- My time with Dan has been extremely helpful, much more so than I could have initially thought. I have seen my writing improve tremendously within a few months. Dan has led me like Virgil through the Inferno and has been instrumental in helping me develop my voice. For that, I am eternally grateful. Plus, he's a really nice guy! I'm a very lucky student.--Corinne M.
- After working in the arts for nearly thirty years as a writer, musician, and educator, I can honestly say that my one-on-one mentorship with Steve (Molton) has been one of the highlights of my entire creative life. Steve is not only a brilliant thinker and master storyteller, with complete command over numerous writing formats (features, TV, novels, etc.) but also a deeply empathetic, warm individual who cares about people and the world we live in. That combination of traits is truly rare, and I simply cannot recommend Steve highly enough, as someone who will help you in very tangible ways to dramatically improve your ability as a writer and storyteller, while also supporting your overall journey as a human being. If you have the chance to work with Steve, don’t waste time... do it!-Anthony S.--Anthony S.
- Steve is helping me enormously as I have embarked upon writing my first TV pilot and bible. He is one of the smartest and most insightful consultants I’ve worked with on this journey. Steve is helping me move my screenwriting forward and I am confident that with his mentorship, I will be presenting my best work, when I pitch my project.--Robin R.--Robin R.
- Working with Steve has been invaluable to me as a writer. Whatever story you're telling, Steve is wholly invested in it - the theme, the voice, the characters - but honestly, what has kept me working with him for so long is his investment in me as a writer and a person - and my work is all the better for it. He is the kind of mentor you need - someone who listens for the story you are trying to tell and challenges you to dig deep to tell it as best you can. He is always willing to field questions that delve into the business of screenwriting - thoughts on coverage (good or bad), agents and managers, bibles and developing a strong body of work.--Jessica S.--Jessica S.