A Film School Education
That Fits With Your Real World Life
Jacob Krueger Studio’s unique ProTrack Mentorship Program pairs you One-on-One with a Professional Writer, who will read every page you write, and mentor you through each phase of the writing process, from facing the blank page, to building your professional career.
Our mentors include top Professors from the nation’s best film schools, including Columbia University and NYU, acclaimed Showrunners, Pulitzer Prize Nominees, and Award Winning Writers with years of industry experience.
And our unique format allows you to meet with them One-on-One from anywhere in the world, every week or every other week, at a fraction of the cost of Graduate School, and on a schedule that keeps you to your deadlines and fits within your real-world life.
- I just wanted to say how grateful I am for you! Our last session has opened up my eyes to so many new things. It's much easier to cut scenes now! I'm so happy. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!--Jasani D.
- I just wanted to let you know how pleased/impressed/encouraged/excited Sue and I are since meeting with Christian. He did a phenomenal job reviewing our script and making us understand the opportunities and challenges ahead. I have a renewed energy and belief to take the script from interesting/good to something exceptional. Christian was able to laugh with us, critically think with us and—quite simply—help us. It's a great service you're providing and I will talk it up to the writers and aspiring filmmakers in my network.--Eric V.
- Linda— I’ve been wanting to tell you for quite some time now. I think you’re a fabulous teacher (The bees knees). You have a unique style and what comes through most of all is your generous, nurturing and wise instruction. It is a massive gift and I feel so lucky to know you and be your Student. I have learned so much! Your kind words and notes have left me with a great deal of encouragement and fuel to keep working on the craft! My very best and warmest gratitude to you!--Bruce S.
- I worked with Stephen privately after developing an original series in his TV Drama Intensive. Both the class and the session were remarkable. My goals were more than met. I came away with a pilot episode and a rough bible and a whole world of questions to sustain the project over multiple seasons. It was my first time diving into speculative/sci fi as a genre and I could not have had a more brilliant mentor to witness the work as it grew. Steve is fiercely engaged with the world, morally, humanly, and artistically. He's nurturing and expansive while having experience and savvy in the industry. His written notes on my pilot were incredibly valuable, focusing on micro choices line by line and meta structural concerns. My pilot has placed for the Sundance Episodic Lab, the Blacklist/Women in Film Episodic Lab, and I have my second meeting with a producer in LA this month who I pitched and has now read the pilot. I have taken many classes along the way and Steve's was the best, by far. Not only did he get me and excite my writer like no other teacher, but the atmosphere of his "writer's room" created really special chemistry amongst the participants. I came out of the class with two trusted writers who I trade reads with constantly. He's incredible.--Kerry M.
- Steve was incredible to work with. I really appreciated his notes, his patience, his experience and his genuine passion for the story I was telling. I would absolutely recommend him as an instructor and would definitely consider taking another class with him if I could afford it.--Brent L.
- Steve was an incredible teacher. I learned so much from the class and the one on one session. He is an absolute natural when it comes to teaching. Steve was informative, extremely knowledgeable, warm, friendly and engaging. He paced each class efficiently and everyone received adequate time to share their work and to receive feedback. His written feedback was also extremely helpful and thorough. My writing grew tremendously from his class. He genuinely cares about his students and their success. In each session, there was such an enthusiastic vibe. All of those qualities you'd want in a teacher can't really be taught. But again, Steve is a natural at being a naturally outstanding and gifted instructor. I would definitely take more of his classes. I'm grateful to have been a student at JK, and for having Steve Molton as a teacher.--Lisa B.
- Working with Steve has been invaluable to me as a writer. Whatever story you're telling, Steve is wholly invested in it - the theme, the voice, the characters - but honestly, what has kept me working with him for so long is his investment in me as a writer and a person - and my work is all the better for it. He is the kind of mentor you need - someone who listens for the story you are trying to tell and challenges you to dig deep to tell it as best you can. He is always willing to field questions that delve into the business of screenwriting - thoughts on coverage (good or bad), agents and managers, bibles, developing a strong body of work - no matter how neurotic I get with those questions. I am incredibly grateful for the Jacob Krueger Studio and its ProTrack program which gives people like me, who don't currently live in New York or L.A., an opportunity to work with someone of Steve's caliber.