Linda Roberts’s students at JK Studio have won Best Screenplay at Beverly Hills International Film Festival, Best Script at Marbella (Spain). Best Screenplay at Macabre Faire Film Festival, Finalist at Meryl Streep’s Writers Lab, Finalist and First Runner-up at Creative World Awards, Semifinalist at Table Read My Screenplay, Quarterfinalist at Scriptapalooza, the DreamAgo International Fellowship (Switzerland), plus Austin Second Rounders. Her students have been nominated for Best of Fest and Best Screenwriter at Short Stop International Film Festival, and Best Comedy at NOVA (Northern VA) Film Festival, as well as screening and winning awards at over a dozen other national and international festivals.
Among her students’ other successes, one sold and published a 5-novel sci-fi series. Another has published a collection of one-act plays and debuted his full-length play Off-Broadway. Several have published memoirs. Prior to joining Jacob Krueger Studio, Linda was a Senior Production Editor for over 15 years at Simon and Schuster. She has edited fiction and nonfiction by New York Times Bestselling authors and Tony Award-winning playwrights.
- Linda Roberts got me writing. She creates a nurturing environment in which my fear and hesitation disappear and my terrible writing becomes great. - Erin K.
- Sincerest thanks for your wisdom and light these six weeks. I've learned so much that I've already put into regular practice, and my craft is all the better for it.--Albert B.
- Linda is responsible for molding me into a storytelling machine. She helped pull the images from my head and put on paper while building craft elements in me along the way. I would not be the writer I am today without the foundation elements she helped to instill in me.--Paulette S.--Paulette S.
- After years of studying elsewhere and thinking, "Maybe I'm not a writer - maybe I can't do this," Linda got me writing. She creates a nurturing environment in which my fear and hesitation disappear and my terrible writing becomes great. There are fantastic ideas everywhere and Linda helped me find and express mine, combining the art of organic storytelling with the craft of screenwriting. I am grateful for her unique approach and the supportive guidance that enable my success.--Erin K.--Erin K.
- Linda helped me immensely on how to format a screenplay. I learned how to write scene headings correctly, including how to format flashbacks, and how to come into scenes early and how to end the scene on just the right note.-Janice P.--Janice P.
- The program has helped me grow tremendously as a writer, with a smattering of discipline and structure. I've written and published four books, and I was used to lots of real estate to articulate my ideas. However, ProTrack has taught me the beauty of less is more. The true power of words, simple sentences, and elegant structure.--Monda W.--Monda W.
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING ABOUT LINDA
“Linda Roberts is an expert. Copyediting is not a side business; it is her vocation. She is concise, accurate, and makes any manuscript better. Best of all, she is professional and delivers on time. I recommend her without reservation.”
Founder, NYCscreenwriter.org; BlueCat winner; Page Awards Finalist; Nicholl Fellowship Finalist; and Sundance Screen Lab Finalist
“I had been editing my own scripts and was getting comments like ‘had problems with grammar and typos.’ I also got negative comments about script structure. I contacted Linda Roberts. It was the best move I ever made. Linda is a true professional and a meticulous editor. She found all of my mistakes and made the corrections, things I never would have spotted. I got my work back in a timely fashion and was very pleased. I’ll never send out a script again before Linda reads it. I highly recommend her.”
“Extremely professional and accurate over and beyond. You will not be disappointed, and I would not go to anyone else.”
Top 100 Emerging Screenwriters, and Scriptapalooza Quarter Finalist
“My experience with Linda Roberts as an editor has been outstanding. She took my admittedly messy screenplay and cleaned it up completely and magnificently. When I finish the rewrite of my next screenplay, I’m calling Linda immediately.”
“There’s not a writer alive who doesn’t appreciate having a ‘net’ beneath his or her work—someone who will comb through the writing for clarity, proper spelling and punctuation, consistency (in content and style), and factual accuracy. Linda is such a net. Having worked with her—both as a copyeditor at Simon & Schuster and a freelance editor—I can say without reservation that her work is spotless and thorough. The need for Linda’s brand of reliable copyediting cannot be understated. It is this very excellence that makes me return to her again and again. It is a testament to Linda’s fine work that I have hired her to copyedit book manuscripts for me after they have already been vetted by the publishing house. I have recommended Linda to friends and colleagues in need of good copyediting, and every one of them has been just as thrilled with her fine work as I have been. It is with great pleasure that I recommend Linda Roberts.”
Board of Contributors: USA Today Contributor: National Public Radio, Psychology Today, New York Times
“As editor of Inside Arts magazine, I called on Linda to interview David Henry Hwang. Not only does she have prodigious writing and editing skills, but she has a lifetime of experience in theater. I knew she would ask the right questions, choose the most telling responses, and craft an article that would do us proud. Linda is a consummate professional, and it is always a pleasure to work with her. I would recommend her for any editing job.”
Associate Director of Communications, Clarice Smith Performing Arts Center, University of Maryland