- There is a systematic thought process involved in Jake’s classes! My advice would be, forget any other writing program, go to the Jacob Krueger Studio! - Janice A.
- Jacob Krueger is a brilliant teacher and person. I have been around writing for a long time, from many different perspectives, writing, getting two degrees, hundreds of play readings with talk-backs, teaching, and within the first 15 minutes of class I heard things from him that I have not heard anywhere, from anyone, any time. The 4 week class has already made a deep impact on my writing and my life and I signed up to take his class again, because he is an endless source of profound knowledge and humanity.-Matthew Ethan D.
- I loved Jake’s advice on building structure through my character’s wants. It actually was easy to apply to a script I’m revising–most specifically creating obstacles and torturing my characters. He is a tour de force, he thinks quickly on his feet, and he’s super generous!--Bill G.
- This class helped me to understand the character’s journey and how best to bring that out.--Andrea
- There is a systematic thought process involved in Jake’s classes! My advice would be, forget any other writing program, go to the Jacob Krueger Studio!-Janice A.--Janice A.
Prior to embarking on his writing and directing career, Jacob Krueger worked as an executive at Alliance Atlantis Entertainment. During his four year tenure, he became the youngest person to hold the title of Story Editor, writing over thirty original treatments and working one-on-one with other writers to develop an entire slate of TV Movies and Miniseries. His treatments have sold to many major networks. Notable projects include CBS telepic Crossed Over (starring Diane Keaton), miniseries The Salem Witch Trials and Joan of Arc (nominated for eleven Emmy awards).
Jacob’s stage work includes the critically acclaimed off-Broadway production of What To Do When You Hate All Your Friends (Theatre Row, 2008), A Guy Adrift in the Universe, (Payan Theatre, April 2007)and The Sound of a Voice by David Henry Hwang (Whitmore Theatre, May 2005). Jacob is the Founder and Artistic Director of the Four Chairs Theatre Company and a member of the Lincoln Center Directors Lab.
Jacob graduated Summa Cum Laude from Dartmouth College in 1997. A Presidential Scholar in Creative Writing, he was mentored by such notables as Peter Parnell (The Cider House Rules, QED, The West Wing), and Bill Philips (Christine, Seduction in a Small Town), and acclaimed set designer Georgi Alexi-Meskhishvili.
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING
“Jacob Krueger is a true collaborator, totally dedicated to the project, leaving his ego behind, but nevertheless demanding the highest standards because of his sharp dramatic sense and intuition.”
–Claude Michel Schonberg
Composer, LES MISERABLES, MISS SAIGON, THE PIRATE QUEEN
“Jacob is good. I mean, had-me-diving-at-the-keyboard-immediately-after-a-long-writer’s-block good. He helped me recognize what obstacles were in my way and how to confront them, and if he were smart, he’d have been billing for a percentage of all the work I turned out after just our first session.”
–Mark Waid Writer,
FANTASTIC FOUR, X-MEN and SUPERMAN: KINGDOM COME
“Not only did Jake help me with a particularly crippling case of writer’s block, but the lessons I learned from those invaluable sessions are still unfolding, months and years later. He has a rare complement of talent and craft, an ability to find the core of any problem, be it creative or personal.”
Want to have Jacob Krueger speak at your event?
- [email protected]