Welcome To The Writer’s Room
This is the only class of its kind—run like a real writer’s room on a 30 minute TV comedy series, taught by a professional showrunner with over 25 years of industry experience—and featuring the work of 12 talented student writers.
You’ll not only complete a half hour pilot or spec script for a tv comedy series, you’ll also collaborate on the development of your fellow students scripts for a different show each week.
What You’ll Learn
You’ll learn the elements of a successful half-hour comedy series, and how to write a series pilot or series spec script that shows off your talent as a writer, but also your ability to demonstrate your professionalism to every network, studio, and series producer who reads it.
By the time you’re done, you’ll not only have real world experience of working in a TV writer’s room, you’ll also a community of writers you can depend on, and a draft of a professional grade spec script or pilot episode for your own TV series.
One-On-One Mentorship From A Teacher You Can Trust
With more than 25 years of Hollywood experience, Jerome has been a showrunner, writer, and producer on some of the most successful half-hour series in history, including “The Jeffersons,” “The Golden Girls,” “Frasier,” “The Nanny,” and “Married…with Children.”
Now, he brings a lifetime of experience directly to you as your teacher, showrunner, mentor and coach.
What About The Online Option?
You can be a part of our TV Writing Classes from anywhere in the world, through a live two way video stream! All you need is a computer, a headset, and a high speed internet connection. You’ll be able to see, hear and participate in everything, just like being in the room!
Need A Payment Plan? Just Ask.
We like working with artists, and are happy to figure out a payment plan that fits your budget. Just reserve your spot with a deposit above. You can either pay off the balance after the first class, or space out your payments in smaller installments. For more info or to set up a plan, give us a call at 917-464-3594.
- I first began as an artist with no writing experience. I was extremely nervous. I hadn't watched TV for 15 years so I had no idea what I was doing but I knew I had a story to tell. Jerry was AMAZING! In addition to attending Jerry's Workshops, he coached me for 2 years. Thanks to him, I completed 3 episodes of my TV Pilot entitled "Flourish" and won "Best TV Script Award" at the LA Film Awards.--Cynthia S.
- Jerry makes it easy to understand what needs work while being supportive. He understands what I want to say and makes suggestions that make it easier for a larger audience to understand that too. Absolutely adore him! - Ri V.
- Three lines will be too little for the praise, respect, and admiration I have for Jerry Perzigian! He works with me to make my writing look professional, modern, and not just good, but great. He is patient, and reassuring, and funny! I’m actually going to be able to call myself a comedy writer, and Jerry is the reason. - Joi D.
- I walked into JKS 2 years ago. That was the first night of Jerry Perzigian’s Writer’s Room for Comedy. Suffice it to say, I had never attempted to write anything for TV, let alone “comedy”, let alone in a Writer’’s Room environment where I was certain I would feel like a total idiot around other seasoned writers who actually knew what they were doing! From the first moments of that introductory session, as we observed Jerry’s demeanor, on-point humor, and conceptual clarity, I knew, as did everyone else in the room, that we had found “the real deal.” Writing comedy has truly been a life changer for me on so many levels! I’m grateful to be learning from one of the best in the business. - Cynthia J.
- Jerry is the best kind of mentor! In true writers-room fashion, he taught me to work as a team - breaking stories, finding the smart-funny, and returning for re-writes until the script is exactly where I want it. Hands down - he's my fav! - Noelle W.