Welcome To The Writer’s Room
This is the only class of its kind—run like a real writer’s room on a 30 minute TV comedy series, taught by a professional showrunner with over 25 years of industry experience—and featuring the work of 12 talented student writers.
You’ll not only complete a half hour pilot or spec script for a tv comedy series, you’ll also collaborate on the development of your fellow students scripts for a different show each week.
What You’ll Learn
You’ll learn the elements of a successful half-hour comedy series, and how to write a series pilot or series spec script that shows off your talent as a writer, but also your ability to demonstrate your professionalism to every network, studio, and series producer who reads it.
By the time you’re done, you’ll not only have real world experience of working in a TV writer’s room, you’ll also a community of writers you can depend on, and a draft of a professional grade spec script or pilot episode for your own TV series.
One-On-One Mentorship From A Teacher You Can Trust
With more than 25 years of Hollywood experience, Jerome has been a showrunner, writer, and producer on some of the most successful half-hour series in history, including “The Jeffersons,” “The Golden Girls,” “Frasier,” “The Nanny,” and “Married…with Children.”
Now, he brings a lifetime of experience directly to you as your teacher, showrunner, mentor and coach.
What About The Online Option?
You can be a part of our TV Writing Classes from anywhere in the world, through a live two way video stream! All you need is a computer, a headset, and a high speed internet connection. You’ll be able to see, hear and participate in everything, just like being in the room!
Need A Payment Plan? Just Ask.
We like working with artists, and are happy to figure out a payment plan that fits your budget. Just reserve your spot with a deposit above. You can either pay off the balance after the first class, or space out your payments in smaller installments. For more info or to set up a plan, give us a call at 917-464-3594.
- Jerry is awesome! A great mind who is brilliant with a true understanding of the craft. He is always on the writer’s side!-Lauren R.--Lauren R.
- From the first moments of class, as I observed Jerry’s demeanor, on-point humor, and conceptual clarity, I knew, as did everyone else in the room, that we had found “the real deal.” Writing comedy has truly been a life-changer for me on so many levels! I’m grateful to be learning from one of the best in the business.-Cynthia J.--Cynthia J.
- I first began as an artist with no writing experience. I hadn't watched TV for 15 years so I had no idea what I was doing but I knew I had a story to tell. Jerry was AMAZING! In addition to attending Jerry's Workshops, he coached me for 2 years. Thanks to him, I completed 3 episodes of my TV Pilot entitled "Flourish" and won "Best TV Script Award" at the LA Film Awards.-Cynthia S.--Cynthia S.
- This class is absolutely amazing. Jerry is absolutely brilliant. I learned so much about the process of writing the sitcom script and collaborating, which is something I knew nothing about.-Dan N.--Dan N.
- I would tell anyone who wants to write comedic television to take this class! Jerry will help you understand the elements better and help you to write quicker!-Aaron B.--Aaron B.
- Jerry is fabulous! The camaraderie you make with everyone is fabulous and supportive. Plus Jerry cares about you and your work!--Christina M.