Write Your Screenplay Level 3
Upcoming class dates will be announced soon
Welcome to Write Your Screenplay Level 3
Available exclusively to students who have completed our Level 1 & 2 classes and member of our Protrack Mentorship program and limited to only 12 students, our Level 3 workshop provides a close knit community for serious writers to workshop their scenes through in-class table reads and get advanced feedback on their scripts.
A Screenwriting Workshop for Serious Writers
With an intimate class size and extensive opportunities for in-class feedback on each script, our Write Your Screenplay Level 3 workshop is designed for serious writers looking to take their writing to the next level. Available exclusively to writers who have completed our Level 1 & 2 Write Your Screenplay classes and members of our Protrack mentorship program, the class takes a fun, practical, hands-on approach to getting your best work on the page.
Find Your Tribe
Find inspiration and get the feedback you need to succeed, with a community of writers as dedicated to their writing as you are. You’ll work pitches and structure, hear your scenes read aloud in class table-reads, and get transformative feedback on your writing to get the most out of every scene.
Develop Your Structure
Building on what you’ve learned in Levels 1 & 2, you’ll learn how theme, dialogue, action and image can serve the 7 Act Structure of your script. Plus learn advanced techniques to organically weave in subplots, secondary characters, flashbacks and other advanced structural models.
Capture The Hook of Your Screenplay
To be successful, a screenplay needs to do more than just tell a great story. It needs to put that story on the page in a way that allows anyone who reads it to instantly and easily pitch it to someone else. You’ll learn how every element of your screenplay can work together to help producers, coverage readers, festivals, agents, managers, directors and stars see the hook of your story that’s going to drive audiences and distinguish you from the pack.
Choose The Format That’s Right For You
Write Your Screenplay, Level 3 is available in NYC or in a unique Live Online Format, that allows students from all over the world to participate as if they were in the room!
Can’t make a class? No problem! You’ll also get Free Video on Demand replays for every session, so you can watch and re-watch on your own time and schedule, for a full month after the class ends!
- Jake’s lectures are insightful and profound. I literally learned something every second of class and that helped me to clarify my understanding of story. It helped me to consolidate everything I have read and clarify what I knew and more importantly what I didn’t know about screenwriting!--Tanvi D.
- I loved Jake’s advice on building structure through my character’s wants. It actually was easy to apply to a script I’m revising–most specifically creating obstacles and torturing my characters. He is a tour de force, he thinks quickly on his feet, and he’s super generous!--Bill G.--Bill G.
- Linda— I’ve been wanting to tell you for quite some time now. I think you’re a fabulous teacher (The bees knees). You have a unique style and what comes through most of all is your generous, nurturing and wise instruction. It is a massive gift and I feel so lucky to know you and be your Student. I have learned so much! Your kind words and notes have left me with a great deal of encouragement and fuel to keep working on the craft! My very best and warmest gratitude to you!--Bruce S.
- The best "how to screenwrite" class I've found yet. I've spent the past two years studying, full time, everything that I could find, and you presented ideas in class (such as visual specificity) that I haven't encountered anywhere else.--Quentin E.
- I tremendously enjoyed the seven act structure emphasis! Jake is fabulous! - Assita C.
- Take this class! If you seriously want to write a screenplay, you need to take Jake’s class! - LR