TV Comedy Writing - Level 1
Upcoming class dates will be announced soon
Welcome To The Writer’s Room
This is the only class of its kind—run like a real writer’s room on a 30 minute TV comedy series, taught by a professional showrunner with over 25 years of industry experience—and featuring the work of a community of talented student writers.
Working with your classmates, and under the showrunning mentorship of Jerry Perzigian, you’ll develop a premise, structure, and episode for a new TV Comedy Series.
What You’ll Learn
You’ll learn the elements of a successful half-hour comedy series, and how to write a series pilot that shows off your talent as a writer, but also your ability to demonstrate your professionalism to every network, studio, and series producer who reads it.
A Teacher You Can Trust
With more than 25 years of Hollywood experience, Jerome has been a showrunner, writer, and producer on some of the most successful half-hour series in history, including “The Jeffersons,” “The Golden Girls,” “Frasier,” “The Nanny,” and “Married…with Children.”
Now, he brings a lifetime of experience directly to you as your teacher, showrunner, mentor and coach.
What About The Online Option?
You can be a part of our TV Writing Classes from anywhere in the world, through a live two way video stream! All you need is a computer, a headset, and a high speed internet connection. You’ll be able to see, hear and participate in everything, just like being in the room!
Need A Payment Plan? Just Ask.
We like working with artists, and are happy to figure out a payment plan that fits your budget. Just reserve your spot with a deposit above. You can either pay off the balance after the first class, or space out your payments in smaller installments. For more info or to set up a plan, give us a call at 917-464-3594.
- From the first moments of class, as I observed Jerry’s demeanor, on-point humor, and conceptual clarity, I knew, as did everyone else in the room, that we had found “the real deal.” Writing comedy has truly been a life-changer for me on so many levels! I’m grateful to be learning from one of the best in the business.--Cynthia J.
- I first began as an artist with no writing experience. I hadn't watched TV for 15 years so I had no idea what I was doing but I knew I had a story to tell. Jerry was AMAZING! In addition to attending Jerry's Workshops, he coached me for 2 years. Thanks to him, I completed 3 episodes of my TV Pilot entitled "Flourish" and won "Best TV Script Award" at the LA Film Awards.--Cynthia S.
- This class is absolutely amazing. Jerry is absolutely brilliant. I learned so much about the process of writing the sitcom script and collaborating, which is something I knew nothing about.--Dan N.
- I would tell anyone who wants to write comedic television to take this class! Jerry will help you understand the elements better and help you to write quicker!--Aaron B.
- Jerry is fabulous! The camaraderie you make with everyone is fabulous and supportive. Plus Jerry cares about you and your work!--Christina M.
- I love everything about Jerry– his stories, collaboration, teaching, and format. You WANT to take this class!--Jamie C.
Add your review of this course