The 2012 fellowship competition is now closed.
Congratulations to this year’s Fellowship Winner:
In 1856, fanatical pro- and anti-slave forces battle over the fate of the Kansas Territory. One man vows to stay clear of–and profit from–the fight. But an abolitionist woman with a hidden past draws him into her cause. He must decide how much he will risk before violence consumes them all.
If you did not have the opportunity to apply, don’t worry – we still have space on the retreat. Reserve your spot today.
We will have another fellowship opportunity available next fall. So, until then, happy writing!
If you are interested in taking classes please check out our Upcoming Workshops!
Enjoy photos from last year’s Bali Screenwriting Retreat!
Imagine 10 days where the only thing you had to focus on was your screenwriting.
Imagine 10 days of world class professional mentorship to help you develop your craft and take your writing to the next level.
Imagine a community of writers that shares your goals, and can help you to achieve them.
Imagine it taking place in one of the most beautiful places on earth.
Imagine if it were all free…
THE JACOB KRUEGER SCREENWRITING FELLOWSHIP
The 2012 Jacob Krueger Screenwriting Fellowship is a free screenwriting competition which awards one early career screenwriter a full scholarship to Jacob Krueger’s 2012 Screenwriting Retreat. Even your airfare is covered!
DESTINATION: COSTA RICA
There are no entry fees of any kind for screenplays submitted by the event deadline.
Simply submit a full screenplay in appropriate format and answer the questions on the submission form.
Screenplays will be judged by an independent panel of industry professionals.
The Jacob Krueger 2012 Screenwriting Retreat will take place June 19 – 28th , 2012 in Costa Rica.
- Round Trip Airfare.
- 10 days/9 nights in a Private Room.
- Breakfast and Dinner Every Day.
- Daily Yoga Sessions, Special Excursions and Surprises.
- The Retreat’s Full Schedule of Writing Classes, Writing Marathons, Movie Screenings and Seven Act Structure Lectures.
- A One-on-One Script Consultation With Jacob Krueger.
Please submit the following:
- One feature length screenplay in PDF format (saved as title only. Ex. LittleChildren.pdf)
- A cover letter of no more than 2 pages addressing the following questions. (Cover letters may be cut and pasted into the submission form below)
- What is your history as a writer?
- Why do you think Jacob Krueger Studio is a good fit for you?
- If chosen, what would you like to accomplish during the retreat?
Please read the rules below, and then click the link at the bottom of the page to submit your screenplay and cover letter.
Deadline and Fees
Submission to The Jacob Krueger Fellowship is FREE for all submissions received by midnight EST January 1, 2012.
Late submissions will be accepted until midnight EST January 31st, 2012. To help cover costs associated with last minute reading, late submissions will require a $10 reading fee.
Winners will be announced in March 2012.
1. All writers of submitted material must be 18 years of age or older. Each writer or writing team may not have earned more than $5,000 or the foreign equivalent (jointly or individually) for work as a screenwriter effective as of the date of submission.
2. Writers who reside outside of the NYC area are welcome to enter the contest. There are no restrictions on residency.
3. Judges, administrators, and independent contractors who work for Jacob Krueger Studio are not eligible to enter the competition, nor are their spouses or other immediate family members.
4. Scripts must be the original work of the author(s) and may not be encumbered by any third party. Scripts that have been sold, produced, or are currently under option are not eligible, nor are scripts that have been entered in previous Jacob Krueger Fellowship Competitions.
5. Novels, short stories, stage plays, treatments, synopses, reality show concepts, TV shows, and/or spec scripts for existing TV series are not eligible. Your script must be an original feature length screenplay.
6. Adaptations are welcome, so long as the author(s) own all rights to the material.
7. You may submit your entry online only. Entries must be transmitted electronically on or before midnight EST on January 1st 2012, or Late Entry (for $10 on January 31st 2012). Any entries transmitted after the Final Entry Deadline will be disqualified.
8. Once a script has been entered in the competition, under no circumstances will we accept substitutions of new drafts or corrected pages.
9. Writer’s who wish to submit more than one script may do so for a readers fee of $10 per additional script. Writers may arrange payment by calling 917-464-3594.
10. The prize is non transferable and not redeemable for cash.
1. All scripts must be submitted in English with a page count between 80 and 130.
2. Scripts should be written in standard screenplay format, set in 12-point Courier font.
3. Include a standard title page, listing the title of your script, name of the author(s), mailing address, telephone number, and email address.
4. Author(s) name(s) should appear only on the title page.
5. Scripts must be saved as a pdf file.
6. Please name the file the TITLE of your screenplay only. (Ex. ThereWillBeBlood.pdf or TheTreeOfLife.pdf)
- Scripts will be judged anonymously by an independent panel chosen by Jacob Krueger.
- By submitting to The Jacob Krueger Screenwriting Fellowship you are acknowledging that ideas, stories, and characters may have commonalities to those in scripts written by Jacob Krueger and the fellowship panel and will not take legal action if such commonalities are found.
*Dates subject to change.
The 2012 fellowship competition is now closed.