On this podcast, rather than reviewing movies “two thumbs up, two thumbs down, loved it or hated it,” Award Winning Screenwriter Jacob Krueger shows you what you can learn from them as screenwriters. We look at good movies, bad movies, movies that we loved, and movies that we hated.
This podcast is offered absolutely free and with no outside advertising, so if you like what you hear, please subscribe on iTunes and write us a review.
Image already added
- 100 Rules & How to Break Them (8)
- 7 Act Structure (19)
- Action & Image (4)
- Adaptation & Revision (8)
- Character & Dialogue (19)
- Conquering Writer's Block (26)
- Events (1)
- Feedback (14)
- Free Video Lectures (19)
- General (38)
- Industry News (1)
- Interviews (1)
- Pitching & Hook (9)
- Podcasts (104)
- Revision Tips (13)
- Screenwriting Articles (171)
- Screenwriting Books (2)
- Script Analysis (33)
- Student Blog (1)
- Studio Events & Fellowships (10)
- Writing For Television (7)
- January 29, 2018January 29, 2018Jake: This week I am with Sebastian Stan. Many of you have probably seen I, Tonya and Sebastian’s performance in that piece. We are going to have an interesting conversation with Sebastian, looking at I, Tonya from the perspective of an actor and also from the perspective of a writer. And we’re going to be discussing something that is importantRead more
- January 24, 2018January 24, 2018If you listened to the previous episode of this podcast, you have probably developed a pretty valuable approach for how to revise your screenplay. And you know that approach focuses on these 5 simple tips for revision: #1 – Never Rewrite Without a Goal #2 – Follow Your North Star #3 – Concentrate on What’s Working #4 – Stay AwayRead more
- January 13, 2018January 13, 2018This is a time of year when many of us are thinking about rewrites, both on our scripts and on our lives. So what better time for a podcast about rewriting? Everyone knows that writing is rewriting. But for many writers, the rewriting process can feel so overwhelming that it’s hard to hold onto that creative spark that made theRead more
- December 23, 2017December 23, 2017Read more
Jacob Krueger shows you how one song, “Remember Me,” was used to build the structure of Coco’s Screenplay.
- December 9, 2017December 9, 2017Read more
Jacob Krueger analyzes the structure of the screenplay for Coco and the role of research when writing a script.