- 100 Rules & How to Break Them (8)
- 7 Act Structure (18)
- Action & Image (4)
- Adaptation & Revision (8)
- Character & Dialogue (17)
- Conquering Writer's Block (26)
- Feedback (13)
- Free Video Lectures (19)
- General (34)
- Industry News (1)
- Pitching & Hook (9)
- Podcasts (95)
- Revision Tips (13)
- Screenwriting Articles (166)
- Screenwriting Books (2)
- Script Analysis (28)
- Student Blog (1)
- Studio Events & Fellowships (10)
- Writing For Television (5)
- December 9, 2017December 9, 2017Read more
Jacob Krueger analyzes the structure of the screenplay for Coco and the role of research when writing a script.
- November 17, 2017November 17, 2017Read more
Jacob Krueger reveals the hidden keys to a successful TV pilot with a deep structural analysis comparing the Stranger Things 1 pilot and the first episode of Stranger Things 2.
- November 10, 2017November 10, 2017Read more
Jacob Krueger analyzes the first episode of Stranger Things 2, to show you the difference between Primary and Secondary Structure in a TV pilot.
- October 20, 2017October 20, 2017Read more
“…I got lucky. I got to work with David Fincher. He is willing to give anything to the creative process. He was willing to play with “what if”. For me, it was about being of service to somebody else’s story. I had to accept that the “nos” were part of the process of finding the “yes” and not taking any of it personally…” – An Interview with Pamela Cederquist.
- October 7, 2017October 7, 2017Read more
Jacob Krueger breaks down the structure of mother! and the three simple screenwriting concepts that make it both succeed and struggle to connect to its audience.